Thursday, August 5, 2010

ADD writing disease

I'm going through this weird feeling right now where I feel like my head is about to explode. My thoughts are racing in between different ideas all while my fingertips are trying to keep up. It's as if I have a million things I want to write about but I don't know where to start first.

Sometimes I'll start on one subject, write a few then I digress. I go off on this tangent and I write about something else. Then that something else will trigger another thought which will trigger another a few sentences later. Next thing you know I've started 3-4 drafts of all the ideas I had in my head, but with nothing to show for because none of them have fully developed into a clear thought or concept.

This shit happens to me a lot.

As a result I'm thinking I might have a slight case of ADD when I write... or maybe I just get too excited when I write? Either way I need to calm the fck down and just DO IT.

No comments: