Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Random thoughts at 3:28am

1. My foolish heart loves to believe things will always find a way to change for the better. As if nothing will ever really fall apart unless it's meant to. My mind is stuck on this notion that somehow when in doubt the forces of the universe will congregate together to align my stars in sequence when the time permits worthy of the heavens' energy. Always there to replace my fear with positivity.

2. Why is it we learn only to let go only after we've been hurt so many times? Only after we've seen the worst?

3. I'd like to think every action pursued amidst human touch serves as a gesture of our inner spirits engaging an everlasting connection among true love.

4. Physically and intellectually our minds and hearts continue to grow each day. Growing in ways we never thought they'd mature to be. And as we all continue to grow, the simple connection with another being becomes a challenge. As our minds alter, our hearts become more conscious. We begin to examine our relationships with people we've cared for realizing the connection has become stronger or weaker amidst this growth. Turning to our hearts to decipher which individuals in our lives are worth growing with or growing apart.

5. Distractions are seeking to deplete our minds of the fear before us. Clothing our thoughts as a blindfold to our reality.

6. It's cheesy how I only crave for him to hold me again only after I've seen a romantic comedy. And even then it only lasts for a few minutes. Then after the credits roll, I go back to struttin' my own, keeping my guard up and never letting him back in again.

7. Collecting my thoughts in pursuit of articulating the part of my mind I keep caged.

8. Loving someone who's hurt you is the worse vice to break. I've seen it.

9. Thinking like this is fcking up my sleeping patterns, but making good poetry. Beautiful cyphers embracing peace of mind.

10. It's true. I only think like this after 3am. And I only crave 'dro when I think like this past 3am.

11. The aforementioned is an evident result of me listening to "Nothing Even Matters" - Lauryn Hill ft. D'Angelo on repeat.

No comments: