Tuesday, February 2, 2010

I love waking up to texts.

But what's even better than receiving a "Good morning" text is when someone chooses to share a piece of literature or poetry with you to start the day. A homie of mine (my tea parallel) that I caught up with a couple nights before sent me the following quote hoping to inspire me somehow. It channels the discussion we were having over this transition, this altering point, this form of change and growth that I'm still trying to grasp and hone positively in my life. She knew I've been stuck in this mad funk of uncertainty where I've been battling time and my free mind admist this lifestyle I haven't fully adjusted to yet. I told her I've been in this constant battle between what I want, what I need, who I want, and who I need; every day trying to decipher what I feel truly belongs in my life right now, trying to embrace this environment I'm placed in, trying to find my ground amidst all this confusion.

So in response to all that I told her, she sent me this piece below through text hoping these words would bring life to me.

"Am I brave enough to grow by risking all that I trust and believe and leap into the unknown with no fear of falling as we must touch the ground regularly anyway? If you can't do that then you have might as well not have the blessing. It's like questioning God why did I receive this gift. Why am I burning blurring my knowing with doubt. The sun shines brightly. Bring shades."

- Martin Luther, Rebel Soul

Thanks for this, JAT.

No comments: