Monday, August 30, 2010

(Un)productive

I feel like the whole day all I've been trying to do is find a song to help me get going.

See I have this tendency to rely on music to get me moving. Literally. When I wake up, the first thing I do is head straight to my iTunes to put something on and I leave it on till I'm done getting ready. Then when I head out the door, the mixtape continues as I grab my iPod and start listening to each track till I get to my destination. Now this internal playlist of mine continues to throughout the day never really allowing my ears to stop playing my own music until I hit places where I don't need it. For instance, I figure the only time I'm really not listening to music are in situations where I'm doing something with either music already playing or when I'm interacting with other folks and all I wanna do is listen to them. But other than those moments I somehow always have a soundtrack playing throughout my day, which is something I've become accustomed to. It's my habit where I imagine every action I make on a daily is parallel to a beat. As if the soundwaves from my headphones evoke my every movement so effortlessly.

So when I can't find a song to help me get through a day... that's when you know I haven't done shit. (It's like I'm a fkn robot! haha) Today I'm having one of those moments where I can't choose a song or even a beat my ears are satisfied with. Nothing I've heard today has provoked any kind of movement. It's been a stale Monday and the only thing I've heard are show tunes from everything on my tube. As a result - I've wasted today as a couch potato.

I guess I need new music.

No comments: