Tuesday, January 19, 2010

She took the words (write) out of my mouth.

The following is a stanza off a Ruby Veridiano-Ching poem titled, "For All The Wars Inside Me" taken from her book, Miss Universe.


"Truth one.

I'm not always confident
I never know how to begin any of my poems
Wonder if I know how to use these words
Like I'm supposed to
Worry that I'm not able
Uncomfortable under pressure
Have trouble believing I'll live up to expectation
Can't even write anything for myself anymore
I've flung myself to the mercy of an audience
Attack myself as my own worst critic-
I think these days
I want to stop calling myself an artist
Just human
With faults and feelings
Like anyone
And these testaments serve as peace treaties
For all the wars
Inside me"

---

And that my friends is why she is my FAVORITE.

No comments: