Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Oh really now?

Random thoughts strike best at 2:22am

1. I think the reason why I have trouble writing on here is because 75% of the time, I don't know how to start my entries. I think saying: "Dear Diary" or "Hello world" just won't do.

2. So I'm currently here chillin' in Parina. I'm the only one awake while my boys are sleeping on the couches. My music is blasting, people are staring and I still have 6 more articles to write. Am I trippin though? Nope. But Allen's snoring. It's okay though, it's helping me stay awake.

3. I still miss the "old" Parina, but the "new" fam isn't so bad. They make the bland lounge bearable.

4. Just finished writing a huge group poem with Vince and Sanchez. Imagine three writer's with three different mindsets honing three different writing styles all into a poem. Can you say "clusterfck?"

5. This song is helping me write through the night. I miss Aaliyah.

6. Why doesn't it feel like the holiday season yet???

7. I love my 6th floor girls. This was one of the best weekends I've had in awhile. Finally reunited with my girls, got my mind straight and pushed my worries to the side. It's only positive vibes from here.



8. It's down to 10 days till graduation. I'm scared shitless.

9. I need to order new contacts (!!!).

10. Gots myself a fresh hurrcut. So I wanna take this time to proclaim my gratitude and love for my hair stylist, Kalani. She is such a G!



11. Seriously if only Melisa's was open 24 hours, I'd be all up on that right now.

12. And if Melisa's had free Wi-Fi I'd probably live there.

13. My 12FT Dwende post was real tardy this past week. But it's up. Peep: http://12ftdwende.com/family/?p=2462 - It's about Tabi Tabi Po exhibit.

14. After this rough week I've been reminded that I have the most forgiving, patient, caring and down ass group of homies around.

15. I want to visit that coffee shop in Little Italy again. I'm craving for a new atmosphere when I write.

16. I've been keeping my family and your family in my prayers. We're gonna get by, baby girl. We stay up, we only get stronger.

17. Note to self: time alone permits self-reflection that is needed and healthy when recovering from an emotional week.

18. When life gets rough and shit hits the fan, keep folks closer instead of pushing them away.

19. It's all about BALANCE. Balance with friendships, family, school and life in general. The overall key to keeping me happy.


20. I'm screwed for tomorrow... err today.

No comments: