Monday, November 9, 2009

So I guess it's (almost) official?

This past Saturday I picked up my cap and gown and signed up for the USF Alumni Association.



Reality never hit me so hard then that very moment. I can only imagine how it'll feel to actually wear the gown, wear the cap, and walk down that aisle with a diploma in my hand. I'm sure if I'm already as hesitant, excited, and scared right now that feeling will only escalate 10x more in December.

Times right now are feeling so surreal and so bittersweet. My mind can't fully grasp it. I almost don't even want to. I really can't believe that it's almost that time. No matter how much I try to avoid the inevitable change is coming. There's nothing else for me to do now but to keep moving, to keep moving forward and try my best to finish off strong.

To the nervous butterflies in my stomach, here I am. I'm on the road to becoming someone else... someone more than just a student. If there were a time in my life where I could apply what I've learned into something greater, it's NOW. So world, get ready for me. In 40 days... I'm gonna wake up and do ME.


Here's a peek at my desktop wallpaper right now. Just another reminder for myself.

40 days till reality hits.
40 days till I’m forced to grow up.
40 days till graduation.

Gotta stay awake. Gotta stay hungry.

No comments: