Saturday, November 29, 2008

Holla-day in San Jose.

everytime i'm in the city for way too long, i tend to burn myself out. so everytime i go home, it's refreshing. it's like me recharging my batteries emotionally and physically making home very therapeutic for me -- i can't get enough of it. seeing my boys, Ann, my old SL elementary school folks, and being around my fam was everything i needed this weekend. they definitely lifted my head up and took me out of my slump for a bit. i'm on a good level right now... i'm up.

i am sooooo glad i took an early day off of school to start my Thanksgiving break. i skipped all my classes on Wednesday to go home on Tuesday night. it's probably been the best decision i've made in awhile, a def much needed extra day of break because Wednesday, I got to spend the whole day with my kuya after i got my hair cut. we chilled with my cousin during the day, then he took me home to his apartment where we watched the Sharks kill Dallas. then after, we just did the usual sister-brother bonding time. we caught up with each other and basically laughed all night. i also got to catch up on my reading Twilight too and finally got to sleepover at my bro's place which was a good time away from my usual busy stay in SJ.

then on Thursday, it was of course, Thanksgiving. i did the usual w/ the fams... the turkey dinner, then video games w/ my cousins. and for some reason, my bro, my cousin, and i were all craving for sweets after eating. so what did we do? we went on a hunt for fucking ice cream at 10pm Thanksgiving night. our mission was unsuccessful as predicted, hahah. but it was fun. then after, i went out with my soulmate, Ate Shar to do our traditional Black Friday shopping in Gilroy at midnight. we ended up staying there till 7:30am and bought hella shit while my guys left right after they bought timbs, haha. my wallet is definitely empty now though and my broke ass is in mourning, but at least i'll be well dressed for awhile now. YEE!

Friday, after the drama and bullshit w/ girls who don't matter in my life... the guys saved me and we went to Temple Lounge. after waiting an hour in line, we got inside and finally got our draaaaaaank on. there were so many familiar faces that night. so many folks i haven't seen since high school proving downtown San Jose as a reunion spot during breaks, for sure. just glad i didn't bump into folks i've been tryign to avoid. it was a good night, but a long one. we waited for our La Vics for about an hour and still chilled after making it home close to 4am. but it was worth the hassle that night.

and today was just as dope. i visited my Tita Mely at her house and spent some quality time with her till Ann and her bro picked me up. we went shopping for a bit in Eastridge and then ate at the usual spot. got our bonding time in and updated each other. did the usual and also took pictures w/ Santa. LOVE always with Annie T.

it's been a good few days. i'm lovin' life right now. i'm without worry and i'm breathing. i'm content, comfortable, and away from the bad vibes. i'm feelin' myself again. i'm livin' high.

Live High [From An Avocado Salad Session] - Jason Mraz

i don't wanna go back to the city anymore.

No comments: