Sunday, July 6, 2008

My new thrill: the East Coast.

after being born & raised in the bay area and never living farther than 45mins. away from my family, i finally feel like i'm ready to venture outside of beautiful California.

and no, it's not a type of move where the norcal girl moves to socal to feel something "different." it's more like a move worth more than 1,000 miles away. a move so far that if i ever (which i will most likely) feel homesick, i can't just drive a couple hours to go home. i'll have to suck it up and get through it.

the thought of me exploring other lifestyles and atmospheres have been encircling my mind for awhile now. lately, it's been all i can think about. i mean could it be because maybe i just need a vacation? or maybe i'm really getting tired of the California routine right now? is this a phase? or possibly am i just tired of doing the same things over and over again here? whatever it is, i finally feel like i need to get away for awhile. i feel the need to change a bit and be surrounded by different scenery, different vibes, different everything.

obviously though... since i still have about a year (and maybe a half) to go till i graduate at USF, i can't leave just yet. and considering i'm poor as hell, i probably won't get to leave till a year after i graduate. but i think just taking note that i really wanna pack up things and step away from the west coast is a step up. because i never thought in my right mind i'd want to leave the bay to go somewhere else. EVER. the idea of such would be ridiculous to me about 4 years ago.

but i've changed and grown. and i guess i need something else to help me continue that and break out of my shell more. for me to take on something new and fresh. now i know i'm talking way ahead of myself right now but i just have this gut feeling that won't go away and i thought i'd make note of it (so i won't back out).

NOTE TO SELF: "don't pussy out." HAHAH

on the real though, i think it's been on my mind way more now because i DO only have a year left here till the real world takes control of me. after i walk down that aisle with my degree in my hand, what else am i supposed to but try to make something of myself?

i keep hearing stories and seeing people take risks to make big changes in their lives recently. whether it'd be through finishing school or throwing ideas up in the air and hoping it can make them famous or simply just following their passion... i've been inspired to do the same. and considering how much i've changed within this past year and all the new folks i've met, i feel more hungry to pursue a different lifestyle. the "risky" kind. cause lately, i've been feeling stuck in a transformation irking to fully bring itself out. as if i've been waiting too long to figure out what i have to offer.

but now that i finally feel i have somewhat of a grasp on who i am and what i wanna do in life, i'm ready to do it. though of course my gemini-self is like a rocking boat always going back and forth with ideas, i finally feel sure of at least one little thing: i wanna do something creative with my life.

with the major i have and the plethora of imagination that comes with it, my dreams can't hold me down in the bay area anymore. i'm feening to show the world the ideas that i've constrained for so long. whether it'd be through writing, through communication, simple art or associating myself with different people, i'm determined to spill creativity and mark my name on it. i'm tired of playing it safe and being engulfed in the same circle in the same city...

i want something FRESH. something that'll make me feel uncomfortable for a bit... a different venue with different risks.

so as of today, i've made it a life goal of mine to make it to the East Coast after I graduate. wherever it may be, New York, Baltimore, or Boston i'm making it to the East Coast. and we'll see if i'll like it or not.

take a mental note of that kids, i'm gonna make it happen.

No comments: