Tuesday, May 20, 2008

bay with it

it's about 5pm..

and i'm still sitting at my kitchen table in SJ anxiously waiting to head over to the city. i'm pretty sure i was supposed to be in the fog 5 hours ago. talk about lagging just a little bit, huh? but it's cool though... cause being home is never a bad thing. i mean despite all the bullshit i say during the school year deep down i know nothing beats home, ever.

i feel like this past semester got me appreciating what i have in SJ. though my networks and connections here are a little more blurry than usual and my days seem sometimes just that much longer, i never feel so down and out that i feel like i can't live here anymore. SJ's definitely got that hold on me. i'm not tired of this place yet.

and the city's another story.

it's no SJ. i mean yeah, the people are almost the same and our boutique shops are almost up to par with each other but the city juts treats me differently. it brings out another side of me. because when i step foot into san francisco, my creative juices start flowing. my mind starts to wander as if i'm constantly stuck in a rush, never able to catch my breath, and always ready to move. it's the fuckin' city life. i love it.

so if someone were to give me the option of moving anywhere in the world: i wouldn't. i'd stay in the bay.

*cue hyphy jam and thizz face here*

No comments: